Schedule 80 PVC Pipe
Schedule 80 PVC Pipe from Pipe Xpress
PVC is a versatile piping material, able to handle water, chemicals, and more. But when you need a pipe that can manage high pressure, Schedule 80 PVC pipe is the go to pipe for your project. With a pressure rating up to 800 PSI depending on the size, Schedule 80 PVC pipe is capable of transporting fluids in almost every situation.
Pipe Xpress is the leading supplier of Schedule 80 PVC pipe, fittings, and more. Based in West Chester, PA, we have pickup and local delivery services within 40 miles of our main office, and our nationwide shipping is the best way to get Schedule 80 PVC pipes at an affordable price near you. Browse the selection of our schedule 80 pipes available below, or call us at (610) 918-7120 for assistance with your order.
About Our Schedule 80 PVC Pipes
Schedule 80 pipe is the pipe of choice for industrial, commercial, and other applications that involve high pressure or heavy wear and tear. Of the easily available Schedule 40 and Schedule 80 sizes, Schedule 80 pipe has a thicker exterior wall, giving it the ability to withstand higher pressure.
While Schedule 80 pipe is manufactured in a variety of materials, PVC offers many advantages over other options. PVC is a smooth, lightweight thermoplastic that is:
- Strong and Durable – PVC can withstand bending and compression without breaking or warping. The thicker wall of Schedule 80 pipe offers additional stability, making it ideal for settings where pipes might be subjected to physical impact.
- Non-Corrosive – PVC will not deteriorate when exposed to minerals or most chemicals, unlike metal pipes. These PVC pipes can transport chemicals or be buried underground without weakening over time.
- UV Resistant – For external pipes that will be exposed to sunlight, PVC can withstand many years under harsh UV rays before it will need to be replaced.
- High Capacity – PVC has a smooth surface which allows for high capacity flow.
- Easy to Install – Installing PVC requires minimal tools. The lightweight pipes can be installed often with a saw to cut them to size and PVC cement to make the connections water tight.
Schedule 80 PVC combines the benefits of PVC with the thickness and durability of Schedule 80 as a pipe size to handle water, chemicals, and other fluids at high temperatures and high pressures. Because it can also stand up in demanding environments, it is most often installed to support water or chemical processing in industrial, commercial, or municipal settings.
The Schedule 80 PVC pipes in our inventory are made by JM Eagle or Spears, two of the leading PVC manufacturers recognized for the quality of their piping. When you purchase PVC pipes from Pipe Xpress, you can trust that they will last for years in a variety of uses or locations without needing ongoing maintenance.
Our PVC pipes also adhere to ASTM D-1785 standards, ensuring it meets quality standards for PVC used in fluid service, and is NSF certified so that it can be used to carry clean water for drinking or food.
Where Our Schedule 80 PVC Can Be Used
When you need a piping solution to withstand high pressures, transport chemicals, and last for years without significant cost, Schedule 80 PVC pipe is generally the superior option. Schedule 80 PVC pipe can be used for any applications where:
- Maximum pressure will not exceed the max allowed PSI (ranging from approximately 200 to 800 PSI depending on pipe dimensions).
- Water or fluid temperatures are below 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Compressed air or gas will not be transported through the PVC pipe including from pneumatic testing.
These minimal requirements open Schedule 80 PVC to a wide variety of uses. Some of the places where they are often installed include at facilities for:
- Drainage and Sewage
- Wastewater Management
- Chemical Processing
- Industrial Agriculture
For some local building codes or industry standards, a heavier duty pipe like Schedule 80 PVC may be required where Schedule 40 may otherwise have sufficed. There is no disadvantage to using Schedule 80 over Schedule 40 other than a slightly higher price point and size constraints.
Industries We Provide Piping To
Many of our clients are contractors or builders needing to place sustainable, efficient PVC pipes during construction or a system renovation. We also work directly with plumbers, towns and cities, manufacturers, and more.
Regardless of your needs, we have the capability and inventory to provide a single pipe or fulfill a large purchase order for:
- Commercial PVC Piping
- Industrial PVC Piping
- Institutional PVC Piping
- Municipal PVC Piping
Schedule 80 PVC is not typically used in residential applications since its specifications provide more than is needed and Schedule 40 piping is a suitable and more cost effective choice.
Our Schedule 80 PVC Options and Sizing
The sizing for Schedule 80 PVC pipe refers to the interior dimensions of the pipe. Outside, the Schedule 80 pipes have the same measurements as pipes of all schedules for ease in selecting fittings, but the thicker walls make the interior narrower than a Schedule 40 pipe.
The larger the pipe, the less pressure it can withstand, so piping should be selected based on the expected water pressure in addition to the physical size. The expected temperature is important as well. Listed pressures are for water at about 73 degrees Fahrenheit. Water or fluids that will be at higher temperatures require a pipe with a higher pressure rating.
Among the pipe dimensions we offer are:
- ½ inch
- ¾ inch
- 1 inch
- 1 ½ inch
- 2 inch
- 3 inch
- 4 inch
- 6 inch
- 8 inch
- 10 inch
- 12 inch
- 14 inch
These are only a portion of the sizes we offer on our site and we encourage you to scroll through the available Schedule 80 PVC pipes we have in stock. If you do not see the size you require, please give us a call. PVC Schedule 80 piping is made in an extended variety of sizes and we can often source the less common sizes from our manufacturers.
Our pipes come in standard lengths of 10’ or 20’ which can then be sized appropriately by cutting with a standard saw during the installation process.
In addition to sizing, other options can include color and end style. Schedule 80 PVC pipe comes in a dark grey color as a standard that makes it easy to differentiate between Schedule 80 and the traditionally white Schedule 40. However, the flexibility of PVC means that Schedule 80 PVC pipe can come in white or alternative colors.
The available end types are plain ends and bell ends. PVC pipes with bell ends can be coupled without connectors while plain ends require fittings to hold them together.
Order from Pipe Xpress for Fast Delivery, Pickup, or Shipping
Pipe Xpress was founded in 2001 with the purpose of getting high quality pipes and fittings to our customers for every type of installation or project. During that time, we have amassed an extensive knowledge of Schedule 80 PVC pipes. This is why you can depend on us to offer only quality products, as well as:
- Personalized Service – With our expertise, we make sure that you get exactly the pipe you need for your project. We can talk one on one with you over the phone to learn more about your needs and confirm whether Schedule 80 PVC is the right pipe for you, or make recommendations for an alternative. Our team’s experience spans multiple industries so we are able to adapt our knowledge to your specific needs.
- Extensive Inventory – The right size pipe is essential for efficiency and safety, and we want to be sure you can find exactly what you need at Pipe Xpress Inc. It’s the reason we carry a wide selection of Schedule 80 pipes, including many of the less common sizes and options.
- Affordable Prices – Already an affordable option, our pricing for Schedule 80 PVC pipes is competitive so that you can complete any project on a reasonable budget.
We know that it is important to get the pipes you need for your project when you need them. Our nationwide shipping is fast. Once you place your purchase order, the Schedule 80 PVC pipes are dispatched from our manufacturers directly to you, eliminating any time needed for products to go through our warehouse first.
For our customers near us, we provide delivery within 45 miles of West Chester directly to your site so that you can have pipes ready for installation without delays.
You can begin your order here on our eCommerce site, or call our team at (610)-918-7120 to get more information about Schedule 80 PVC pipes and individualized guidance for your project.