Schedule 40 PVC Pipe
Schedule 40 PVC Pipe with Pipe Xpress Inc.
When it comes to piping, few materials provide the ease of use, low price, and longevity of PVC. Schedule 40 PVC in particular is a multi-use, lightweight pipe with relatively thin walls, making it a leading choice for irrigation, residential plumbing, and more.
Pipe Xpress Inc. supplies the most extensive range of Schedule 40 PVC pipe for residential, commercial, and industrial projects in our local area around West Chester, PA and throughout the country. Our rapid delivery, reliable product quality, and personalized service whenever you need it makes us the top choice for PVC pipe near you.
About Our Schedule 40 PVC Pipe
Schedule 40 PVC pipe is one of the most frequently used PVC pipes for low and mid pressure water flow, drainage, and more. Of the readily available Schedule 40 and Schedule 80 PVC pipes, Schedule 40 has thinner walls, making it a light, affordable, and durable pipe that can be used in a range of residential, commercial, and industrial environments.
Schedule 40 PVC works with cool and warm water applications, and can withstand temperatures up to 140 degrees, although the ideal service temperature is between 41 and 122 degrees. It is also important to note that pressure ratings for Schedule 40 PVC pipes are based on an approximately 73 degree temperature and higher temperatures will result in a lower pressure rating.
Our Schedule 40 PVC at Pipe Xpress are sourced from manufacturers known for their consistent quality, such as JM Eagle and Spears Manufacturing. We stock an extensive inventory of PVC pipes to meet any need where Schedule 40 PVC can be used, and you can rely on all of those we sell to provide:
- High Strength – Despite their lighter weight, Schedule 40 PVC pipe has high tensile and compressive strength, ensuring it will endure a variety of uses without cracking, bending, or breaking.
- Smooth Flow – Our manufacturers fabricate PVC with exceptional clarity so that fluids flow through the pipes easily.
- Low Cost Solution – Schedule 40 PVC is one of the most affordable piping materials without sacrificing quality or durability.
- Non-Corrosive – PVC will not rust or corrode, making it ideal for outdoor or underground use where UV rays or minerals in the ground can cause metal pipes to deteriorate.
- Chemically Resistant – PVC is non-reactive to most chemicals except for some hydrocarbons, aromatics, and polar solvents, making it possible for PVC to be used to transport not only water, but chemicals and waste as well.
All of our high quality Schedule 40 PVC adheres to the various industry specifications regarding safe building and water service, including:
- ASTM D-1784 Standard for quality of manufactured PVC materials.
- NSF Certified for use in potable (drinking) water.
With few limitations on usage in terms of pressure, temperature, and material service, Schedule 40 PVC pipe is the best choice for many projects with specifications that are generally advanced enough to work for your project.
Uses and Industries for Schedule 40 PVC Pipe
Schedule 40 PVC pipe can be installed almost anywhere and carry almost any liquid. Since it combines affordability and durability, it is used in projects of many different sizes, including:
- Landscape Irrigation – Schedule 40 PVC is the pipe of choice for the mainline of sprinkler systems at homes, commercial properties, golf courses, and in farming.
- Home Plumbing – These pipes can carry drinking or clean water and work for drainage and waste water.
- Swimming Pools – Schedule 40 PVC is an option for a pool filtration system as it can handle both underground installation and external exposure.
- Aquaculture – Schedule 40 PVC is used in hatcheries, aquariums, and other zoological facilities to produce and process aquatic plants and animals.
- Acids and Chemical Handling – Depending on the location installed, PVC can safely handle acids, bleaches, photographic chemicals, various chlorines, and other caustic substances.
- Structural Support – The lightweight and high strength of Schedule 40 PVC also enables it to work as support for certain furniture or framing.
While these are among the most common utilizations of PVC Schedule 40, this piping can be used to convey almost any low pressure fluids. We can also help you determine if this type of pipe will work for your planned needs as well.
Schedule 40 PVC Conduit Pipe for Electrical Uses
Standard Schedule 40 pipe is used to carry fluids, but specially designed Schedule 40 conduit pipe can be used for electrical applications. These pipes can protect wiring and cables in interior and exterior settings while meeting NEC 342 requirements.
As electrical conduit piping, Schedule 40 PVC carries the same advantages as it does for use in irrigation and plumbing. It can be placed in concrete, behind walls and ceilings, buried underground, and regularly exposed to sunlight and weather elements, all without deteriorating.
Industries We Supply To Schedule 40 PVC Pipe
The variety of uses of Schedule 40 PVC means it can be used in almost any industry that requires piping. In addition to being a staple for residential plumbing and sprinklers, Schedule 40 PVC is also widely used in:
- Construction and Contracting
- Residential and Commercial Landscaping
- Pool Design
- Food Processing
- Water Treatment
- Paper Production, and More
So long as the installed pipe has a high enough pressure rating for the planned usage, fluids are within the temperature range, and the pipe will not be subjected to intense physical handling, Schedule 40 PVC will be an effective and efficient solution across most industries.
Sizes of Our Schedule 40 PVC Pipe
At Pipe Xpress Inc., we carry one of the widest ranges of Schedule 40 PVC pipe with most of the standard sizes available here on our site. PVC pipe is sold in sizes that refer to the pipe’s interior diameter, not the outside. This is important when ordering either Schedule 40 or Schedule 80 PVC pipes as both will have the same exterior diameters while thinner walled Schedule 40 will have a larger interior dimension.
Our Schedule 40 PVC pipes are available in sizes included but not limited to:
- ½ inch
- ¾ inch
- 1 inch
- 1 ¼ inch
- 1 ½ inch
- 2 inch
- 2 ½ inch
- 3 inch
- 4 inch
- 5 inch
- 6 inch
- 8 inch
- 10 inch
- 12 inch
- 14 inch
The maximum pressure rating for Schedule 40 pipe varies with each size, ranging from 600 PSI for a ½” pipe to 130 PSI for a 12” pipe when water is at around a 73 degree temperature. If you are looking for a size you don’t see or are unsure what dimensions will best suit your application, feel free to give us a call and we can talk you through our available selection.
Depending on the nominal size of the PVC pipe, we sell our Schedule 40 PVC in standard lengths of:
Additional options available for Schedule 40 PVC pipe include plain end or bell end designs. The bell end enables pipes to be connected without the use of connectors. Regardless of the method of joining sections of PVC pipe, the coupling is not watertight unless it is first sealed. PVC cement is necessary to create a waterproof seal for irrigation, drainage, or other applications where the pipe will carry fluids.
Why Choose Pipe Xpress?
Pipe Xpress has more than 20 years of experience in providing the pipes, fittings, couplings, and more for many different products. Over that time, our company has become the leading supplier of pipes across industries with a wide inventory and a knowledgeable team you can always call on for assistance.
Besides leading service and quality pipes, our prices at Pipe Xpress are among the best you will find. We work directly with our manufacturers, cutting out third parties that might inflate the price so that we can give you the right cost for projects both big and small.
When you’re ready to order your Schedule 40 PVC pipe and other piping, we get your products to you fast with:
- Local Delivery – We offer delivery within 45 mile of West Chester where we are headquartered when you need your PVC pipes on site quickly.
- Nationwide Shipping – With shipping throughout the country, we can get you the right type and number of Schedule 40 pipes as soon as possible.
If you already know exactly which piping you need for your project, our selection is easy to access online so you can be sure we have what you need. But our team is also here if you need more guidance. Let us know about your needs and we can help you determine whether Schedule 40, Schedule 80, flexible PVC pipe, or another product we offer will be your best choice. We can also provide quotes, locate hard to find products, and more.
Find the Schedule 40 PVC pipes you need by ordering directly from our website or give us a call at (610)-918-7120 to get your questions answered and receive additional support with your order.