Copper Pipe Valves
Copper pipe valves come in various shapes, sizes, and designs. Depending on the intended use, each one offers a different advantage.
In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to the four most popular types of copper pipe valves so you can make an informed decision about which is right for your needs.
What Are Copper Pipe Valves?
Copper pipe valves are one type of valve that can be used in plumbing applications.
As the name suggests, they are made from copper, a soft metal that is very easy to work with.
- Copper is also an excellent conductor of heat, making it ideal for many industries.
- They are an essential part of any piping system.
- They control water flow (or other fluid) by opening, closing, or throttling the passageway.
Valves can regulate pressure, direct water to different outlets, and isolate piping sections for maintenance or repair.
4 Types Of Copper Pipe Valves In The Market
Ball valves are the most common types used in residential and commercial applications.
- They are simple in design and easy to operate.
- They have a round handle connected to a lever inside the valve.
- When the handle is turned, the lever moves a ball inside the valve, which opens or closes the passageway.
- Ball valves are durable and can be used with various fluids, including water, air, oil, and gas.
Gate valves are another common type of valve used in residential and commercial applications.
- Gate valves get their name because they have a gate-like element inside the valve that opens or closes the passageway.
- They are typically used to control larger amounts of fluid than ball valves because they have a higher flow capacity.
Globe valves get their name from their globe-shaped bodies.
Globe valves are designed for high-pressure systems and can withstand more pressure than ball or gate valves.
- Globe valves have a stem that goes through the center of the valve body, allowing precise control over the fluid flow.
- They are often used in industrial applications where precise regulation of fluid flow is essential.
- Sanitary globe valves are also commonly used in food and beverage processing because they minimize the chance of contamination.
Check valves are designed to allow fluid to flow in only one direction.
- Check valves have a flap inside the valve body that opens when fluid flows in one direction but closes when fluid tries to flow in the other direction.
- They are often installed in piping systems where it is important to prevent backflow (e.g., sewage systems).
- They can also protect equipment from damage caused by sudden changes in fluid pressure (e.g., relief valves).
Visit Pipe Xpress to check out PVC fittings and valves. We also offer PVC pipe for drainages and sewers.
How Do Copper Pipe Valves Work?
Copper pipe valves work by controlling the flow of water through a pipe. They are usually installed at strategic points in a plumbing system to regulate the pressure and flow of water.
Copper pipe valves can be opened or closed to allow or restrict water flow.
Remember, it installs it correctly to maximize usage and for long-lasting use.
The Pros of Copper Pipe Valves
Copper pipe valves offer several benefits, including:
- They are durable and can withstand high temperatures.
- They are resistant to corrosion.
- They are easy to install.
- They do not require much maintenance.
- They are available in a variety of sizes.
- They can be customized to meet your specific needs.
- They come with a warranty from the manufacturer.
The Cons of Copper Pipe Valves
- There are also some drawbacks to using copper pipe valves, including:
- The upfront cost is higher than other types of valves.
- Copper is a softer metal and can be damaged more quickly than other materials.
- Copper pipe valves require more maintenance than other types of valves.
Choose Pipe Xpress For Your Pipe Needs
At Pipe Xpress, we have various and wide range selection of pipes that you can choose from.
We offer the following:
- PVC fittings
- PVC Drainage Pipe
- Schedule 80 Pipe PVC
- Schedule 40 Pipe PVC
- Flexible PVC Pipe
- PVC Sewer Pipe
Visit our website or call us at 610-918-7120 to order or for further information or questions. We are open Monday-Friday and even weekends to serve you.
Various copper pipe valve options are available on the market today, each with distinct advantages.
No matter your needs, there’s sure to be a copper pipe valve out there that’s perfect for you!